TO KNOW HIM AND MAKE HIM KNOWN!
The purpose of Neuse Baptist Church is to glorify God through His Son, Jesus Christ, the Head of the Church, in the power of the Holy Spirit and to reach out to non-Christians and teach them about what God has to offer them. We believe the only way to tell you our purpose is through scripture. The statements below outline the five-fold purpose of The Church laid out in Scripture.
- John 14:7 – “If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well. From now on, you do know Him and have seen Him.” (NIV)
- Psalm 19:1-2 – “The heavens tell glory of God. The skies display His marvelous craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make Him known.” (NLT)
- Psalm 69:30 – “I will praise the name of God with song and magnify Him with thanksgiving.” (NASB)
- John 14:16-17 – “I will talk to the Father, and He’ll provide you another Friend so that you will always have someone with you. This Friend is the Spirit of Truth. The godless world can’t take Him in because it doesn’t have eyes to see Him, doesn’t know what to look for. But you know Him already because He has been staying with you, and will even be in you!” (Message)
- 1 John 5:20 -“And we know that the Son of God has come, and He has given us understanding so that we can know the true God. And now we are in God because we are in His Son, Jesus Christ. He is the only true God, and He is eternal life.” (NLT)
- Philippians 3:9-11 – “I no longer count on my own goodness or my ability to obey God’s law, but I trust Christ to save me. For God’s way of making us right with Himself depends on faith. As a result, I can really know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised Him for the dead. I can learn what it means to suffer with Him, sharing in His death, so that, somehow, I can experience the resurrection from the dead!” (NLT)
- Romans 15:5 – “May our dependably steady and warmly personal God develop maturity in you so that you get along with each other as well as Jesus gets along with us all.” (Message)
- 1 John 2:3 – “We know that we have come to know Him if we obey His commands.” (NIV)
- Ephesians 1:16-18 – “I have never stopped thanking God for you. I pray for you constantly, asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you might grow in your knowledge of God. I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the wonderful future he has promised to those who called. I want you to realize what a rich and glorious inheritance he has given to his people.” (NLT)
- 2 Peter 1:3 – “As we know Jesus better, His divine power gives us everything we need for living a godly life. He has called us to receive His own glory and goodness!” (NLT)
- 2 Timothy 3:14 – “But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them.” (NKJV)
- 1 Peter 4:8-11 – “Most important of all, you must sincerely love each other, because love wipes away many sins. Welcome people into your home and don’t grumble about it. Each of you has been blessed with one of God’s many wonderful gifts to be used in the service of others. So use your gift well. If you have the gift of speaking, preach God’s message. If you have the gift of helping others, do it with the strength that God supplies. Everything should be done in a way that will bring honor to God because of Jesus Christ, who is glorious and powerful forever. Amen.” (CEV)
- Matthew 10:32-33 – “Whoever makes Me known in front of men, I will make him known to My Father in heaven. But whoever does not make Me known in front of men and acts as if he does not know Me, I will not make him known to My Father in heaven.” (NLV)
- Ephesians 6:19 – “Pray also for me, that the message may be given to me when I open my mouth to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel.” (HCSB)