On behalf of Neuse Baptist Church I want to thank you in advance for looking into ways you can serve your church family.
Ephesians 2:10 tells us: ”For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
Pastor Greg teaches that we all are SHAPE’d by God with individual gifts and talents that are to be used to support the Body of Christ. Men and women such as yourself have stepped up to be used in unbelievable ways. Pastor Greg does not want you to miss out on this great opportunity to serve God. One of Neuse Baptist's principles is that every member is a minister, and when you do not play the role that God has designed you to do for the church, the Body of Christ suffers.
When you check the vital signs of a truly healthy church, you will discover a growing and thriving volunteer force serving with passion and enthusiasm. Come join one of our ministry teams so you, too, can be a part of this fun and exciting ministry at Neuse Baptist Church. Check out our volunteer opportunities listed below then contact our church office by calling 252-522-4606 or drop off your application at the office.
Ministry Opportunities by Purpose
- Baptism Ministry Team - Prepares the baptistry and changing rooms for the ordinance of baptism, assists candidates and preforms clean-up duties.
- Children's Church Ministry Team - Conducts a children's church program during the 11:00 AM worship service for children in grades Kindergarten through the end of 1st grade.
- Counting Ministry Team - Tallies all monies received in a given week, prepares and makes bank deposits and ensures proper receipts where indicated.
- Flower Ministry Team - Provides floral arrangements for the sanctuary and gifts of remembrance in the case of death and hospital stays.
- Lord's Supper Ministry Team - Prepares the elements of the Lord's Supper for the ordinance of Holy Communion and performs clean-up duties.
- Music Ministry Team - Works with the Music Director in an advisory capacity regarding all aspects of music needs in the worship services.
- Audio/Visual Ministry Team - Provides technical support during all services and special functions relating to audio and visual technologies. Produces tape/DVD copies of services as requested and maintains an audio/visual library.
- Usher Ministry Team - Provides "welcome services" to members and guests, ensures proper ambient conditions and meets security needs during worship services. Responsible for shut down/lock-up of facilities at the end of services.
- Fellowship/Homecoming Ministry Team - Responsible for food service needs in the congregation. Provides meals for: Quarterly Business Meetings, Monthly Baptism Fellowship and Homecoming. Provides for other special services as requested.
- Special Events Ministry Team - Plans and presents special events (i.e. Valentine's Banquet, Living Lord's Supper, etc.).
- Sunday School Director - Responsible for the planning, staffing, and conduct of the Sunday School program.
- Sunday School Secretary - Assists the Sunday School Director as requested.
- Sunday School Teaching Positions - Positions are available for the following classes:
~ Preschool I - Birth to 2 years old
~ Preschool II - 3 years old to K-5
~ Children I - 1st through 2nd grade
~ Children II - 3rd through 5th grade
~ Youth I - 6th through 8th grade
~ Youth II - 9th through 12th grade
~ *Janet's Angels* - Special Needs (Access) Class
~ Adult I - Young Adults
~ Adult II - 30-50 year old adults
~ Adult III - Mixed age adults
~ Adult IV - Mixed age adults
~ Adult V - Mixed age adults
~ Adult Co-Teachers - A pool of teachers that provide
coverage and routinely teach on a rotating
class basis on 3rd and 5th Sundays.
~ "Next Step" - New Member's Class
- Discipleship Training Director - Responsible for the planning, staffing and conduct of the Discipleship Training program. Maintains and reports statistics as appropriate.
- Children's Ministry Team - Conducts the "Team Kid" program on Sunday evenings for children in 1st through 6th grade.
- Youth Ministry Team - Works with the Children and Youth Minister in an advisory capacity regarding all aspects of the children and youth programs.
- Administrative Support Ministry Team - Works with the Church Secretary assisting in administrative support functions.
- Church Clerk/Historian - Responsible for documenting all church business meetings, maintaining the church roll and safeguarding the church history for future generations.
- Assistant Church Clerk/Historian - Assists the Church Clerk/Historian
- Financial Secretary - Maintains all records of contributions to the church and annually issues individual statements of giving.
- Treasurer - Responsible for all financial matters of the church
- Assistant Treasurer - Assists the Treasurer
- Associational Representatives - Members appointed to the Neuse Baptist Association Executive Board. Responsible for attending the Executive Board meetings and reporting significant information to the congregation.
- Associational Messengers - Members appointed to represent the church at the annual meetings of the Neuse Baptist Association.
- Care and Bereavement Ministry Team - Provides a meal and physical support to family members in the event of a death.
- Constitution and Bylaws Ministry Team - Ensures the accuracy of the church Constitution and Bylaws.
- Finance Ministry Team - Works with the Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer in dealing with financial matters of the church. Prepares and monitors the annual budget.
- Home and Hospital Ministry Team - Visits individuals who are home bound or in the hospital to meet their physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
- Library Ministry Team - Maintains the church library.
- Church Moderator - Conducts all church business meetings ensuring order and decorum are maintained.
- Nominating Ministry Team - Makes recommendations to the church for church officers and ministry team compositions.
- Nursery Ministry Team - Ensures the nursery is equipped and staffed during all services.
- Personnel Ministry Team - Performs oversight duties for church staff.
- Property and Space Ministry Team - Responsible to the church body for the upkeep and maintenance of all property and space. Monitors contracts for cleaning and yard maintenance.
- Van Ministry Team - Ensures the church van is maintained in a safe operational status.
- Baptist Men President - Plans and conducts an outreach/fellowship ministry for the men of the church.
Royal Ambassadors (RA's) - Boys educational/activity program
- Baptist Women Director - Plans and conducts an outreach/fellowship ministry for the women of the church.
Girls In Action (GA's) - Girls mission education/activity program
Mission Friends - Mission training program for young children.
- Benevolence Ministry Team - Considers and grants, as appropriate, requests for special assistance.
- Celebrate Recovery Ministry Team - Plans and conducts a program for poeple with hurts, habits, and hang-ups.
- Outreach Ministry Team - Plans and conducts a program specifically designed to reach out into the community.
- Publicity Ministry Team - Promotes all activities of the church by various means to include: newspaper, radio, web page, church sign, etc.
- Vacation Bible School (VBS) Director - Plans, staffs and conducts the annual VBS outreach.
- VBS Assistant Director - Assists the VBS Director.
- Welcome Ministry Team - Maintains a compilation of information on Neuse Baptist Church and shares it with new members to aide in their transition to church life.